To celebrate the UK release of WHEN MARNIE WAS THERE playing in cinemas from June 10th, as well as STUDIO GHIBLI FOREVER, a celebratory retrospective season bringing some of Ghibli’s most beloved titles back to the big screen until July 28th (for comprehensive listings, http://www.studioghibliforever.com) we have a very exciting competition for you to enter!
Are you a fan of Studio Ghibli? Do you own a Totoro figurine, keyring, or even a t- shirt? To enter the competition, send us a picture of your Totoro from an exciting location anywhere in the world and you could win a Studio Ghibli DVD back catalogue and limited edition When Marnie Was There merchandise!
From the legendary Academy Award-winning animation house Studio Ghibli (Spirited Away, Arrietty, The Tale of The Princess Kaguya), comes the haunting and touching tale When Marnie Was There. A beautiful story about everlasting friendship based on the beloved young adult novel of the same name by Joan G. Robinson.
It tells the story of an emotionally distant adolescent girl, who upon being sent to live with relatives in the countryside becomes obsessed with an abandoned mansion, and infatuated with a girl who lives there; a girl who may or may not be real.
When Marnie Was There is another superb addition to Ghibli’s well-loved catalogue, which received an Academy Award nomination for Best Animated Feature this year. It is released on 10 June, playing in original Japanese with English subtitles, as well as an English-language dubbed version.
STUDIO GHIBLI FOREVER is a celebration of the many wonderful films – for children and adults alike – from one of the most acclaimed animation studios in the world. The films of directors such as Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata have long been celebrated as beautifully hand-drawn works of art that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical worlds filled with unforgettable characters.
STUDIO GHIBLI FOREVER is currently running at cinemas across the country, including 20 Picturehouse cinemas until 28th July. Each cinema will show the same film in the same week, exact show times will vary by site.
For more information on Studio Ghibli visit:
Terms & Conditions:
- The competition closes 5:00pm 30 June 2016.
- Only one entry per person.
- Competition prizes will be sent to UK addresses only.
- Prize for 1 winner is 1 x When Marnie Was There merchandise set featuring the following items:
- Tape kit
- Key chain
- Bag charm
- Postcard set
- When Marnie Was There novel
- Studio Ghibli Forever poster
and 1 x Studio Ghibli DVD set featuring the following films:
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
- Laputa: Castle in the Sky
- My Neighbour Totoro
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Kiki’s Delivery Service
- Only Yesterday
- Porco Rosso
- Ocean Waves
- Pom Poko
- Whisper of the Heart
- Princess Mononoke
- My Neighbours the Yamadas
- Spirited Away
- The Cat Returns
- Howl’s Moving Castle
- Tales from Earthsea
- Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea
- From Up on Poppy Hill
- The Wind Rises
- The Tale of The Princess Kaguya
- If any item listed above is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute with an alternative item of similar value.
- The winner will be picked at random. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
- Two attempts to contact the winner will be made, after which a new winner will be drawn. Up to two winners will be contacted before the prize is forsaken. Winners that respond after that period will not be eligible for the prize if a second winner has been contacted.
- The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of MCM or any subsidiary company.
- There is no cash alternative to prizes which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale.
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.