Do you watch anime? Do you sing along to the anime openings? Then you could be exactly what HAF Records are looking for! Recently the company had announced their “Anisong Cover Project” which invites anime fans and singers worldwide to compete to perform at the Haneda International Anime Music Festival in Japan.
For the anime song cover project, a selection of anime songs that have been permitted by the publishing company will be released through various platforms. Singers that join the project will have the chance to send in their covers, with the chance of releasing their own original soundtrack song to an anime or game. There are even more exciting opportunities to come should they win the competition.
The qualified singers who are selected will have a chance to debut under HAF Records as a singer in Japan and will also get the chance to participate on some Japanese TV programmes. Even if you’re not selected, do not panic, as previously one singer from each country every year got invited to be a guest performer at the Haneda International Anime Music Festival – an annual international festival that has been held for two consecutive years at the Haneda Airport in Tokyo, Japan.
Should you participate, or better yet – win, the following benefits could be available to you:
* The singer will have their song released and published worldwide through various platforms and as part of a compilation CD.
* The singer will receive royalties from the published song. A profit sharing scheme will be put in place after the participant has been announced as the winner.
* For all the singers who participate in the project, HAF Records will select a few singers for further projects within the company.
* The winning singers will have a chance to participate in some TV shows in Japan that have collaborated with the Anisong Cover Project.
* The winning singers that have their songs released also have a chance to debut within the Japanese music industry as a singer.
* Winning singers have a chance to sing an original song for a game or anime soundtrack.
* Selected winning singers will have a chance to participate in the Haneda International Anime Music Festival in Tokyo, Japan as a special guest.
The project has already had their first term of competitors who have already debuted as singers in Japan. You can see the released first term singers HERE and HERE. The second term is now open and will close on August 15th 2016. If you think this is right up your street, and you would like to represent your country, then check out HAF Records website, Facebook, and Twitter for more information.