Game Of Thrones fan site Watchers On The Wall has scored a bit of a coup by discovering some quite detailed casting call notes for new characters for season seven. Well, quite detailed apart from the names. And now that the show has – a few sub-plots aside – pretty much outstripped everything we know from the books, it’s not even really worth trying to guess if any of them are known characters we just haven’t seen on screen yet.
Although, as the site points out, a lot of these new characters require received pronunciation (RP) which suggest they’re from King’s Landing. And let’s face it, after that season six finale, King’s Landing needs some new characters to refill its seriously depleted stock.
Anyway, here we go:
- General, in the age range 40-55. He’s a senior military officer, and they’re looking for a white actor who uses the British RP accent.
- Priest, in his 60s. He’s a venerable priest with moral authority and gravitas. The show is seeking a white actor, using an RP accent, with characterful face for this part.
- Warrior, in the 35-45 age range. The character is a tough-looking bruiser with the attack skills of a pit bull, and the actor needs to be great at fighting. He has a “considerable” amount of dialogue as well. It’s described as an “excellent part for a top-end actor.”
- Gate Guard, in his 20s. The character is described as a “Confident, characterful, straight-talking Northern lad with a great face to play across a very excellent series of scenes.”
- City Guard, in his 30s. The show is casting for a city guard who intercepts a suspicious-looking person on his nightly patrol. They require an RP accent for this one.
- Merchant, in his 40s. The merchant appears at an inn during a busy evening. They’re seeking a character actor of any ethnicity/race.
- An attractive young courtesan who is sure of her own mind. It’s described as a “good speaking part” and casting notes that full nudity is required for the role.
- Young Lord in his late 20s. He’s a tall, handsome young lord, and the show is looking for a white actor using an RP accent.
- Lieutenant, in his 20s. The character is described as an athletic, physically fit and disciplined warrior. Non-white, possibly of Middle Eastern descent.
There’s more analysis of these details over atWatchers On The Wall.