Marvel has announced that Black Panther has officially entered production, and has released a whole load of cast and crew information. A lot of this stuff we already know from the drip feed of news over the past few months, but it’s good to have it all confirmed in one place. Plus, there is some real news, such as the fact that Andy Serkis will be returning as Klaw, having made his debut in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
The full Black Panther cast includes:
- Chadwick Boseman (Captain America: Civil War, Get On Up) as T’Challa/Black Panther
- Michael B Jordan (Creed, Fruitvale Station) as Erik Killmonger
- Lupita Nyong’o (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, 12 Years a Slave) as Nakia
- Danai Gurira (The Walking Dead, All Eyez On Me) as Okoye
- Martin Freeman (The Hobbit trilogy, Sherlock) as Everett K Ross
- Daniel Kaluuya (Get Out, Sicario) as W’Kabi
- Angela Bassett (American Horror Story, London Has Fallen) as Ramonda
- Forest Whitaker (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, The Crying Game, The Last King Of Scotland) as Zuri
- Andy Serkis (The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes) as Ulysses Klaue/Klaw
- Letitia Wright (Urban Hymn, Glasgow Girls) as Serita
- Winston Duke (Person Of Interest, Modern Family) as M’Baku/Man-Ape
- Florence Kasumba (Captain America: Civil War, Emerald City) as Ayo
- Sterling K Brown (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, The People V OJ Simpson: American Crime Story) as N’Jobu
- John Kani (Captain America: Civil War, Coriolanus) as T’Chaka (in flashback, presumably)
Ryan Coogler (Creed, Fruitvale Station) directs from a screenplay he co-wrote with Joe Robert Cole (The People V OJ Simpson: American Crime Story). Filming for Black Panther will take place in Atlanta and South Korea.
Synopsis: Black Panther follows T’Challa, who, after the events of Captain America: Civil War, returns home to the isolated, technologically-advanced African nation of Wakanda to take his place as King. However, when an old enemy reappears on the radar, T’Challa’s mettle as King and Black Panther is tested when he is drawn into a conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda and the world at risk.
The crew includes:
- Director of photography: Rachel Morrison, A.S.C. (Dope, Fruitvale Station)
- Production designer: Hannah Beachler (Creed, Fruitvale Station)
- Editors: Claudia Castello (Creed, Fruitvale Station) and Michael P Shawver (Creed, Fruitvale Station)
- Costume designer: Ruth E Carter (Selma, Lee Daniels’ The Butler)
- Visuals effects supervisor: Geoffrey Baumann (Doctor Strange, Avengers: Age of Ultron)
- Special effects supervisor: Dan Sudick (Captain America: Civil War, Marvel’s The Avengers)
- Make-up designer: Joel Harlow (Star Trek Beyond, Black Mass)
Marvel Studios’ Black Panther is produced by Kevin Feige with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Nate Moore, Jeffrey Chernov and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.