We’ve been half-joking about wanting to see the Inhumans’ giant-sized teleporting pooch Lockjaw in the new Marvel’s Inhumans TV series while never seriously expecting to happen. But now it’s official – the producers, in amongst another set of casting announcements that aren’t half as exciting (except for the actors’ agents), have confirmed that Lockjaw will be in the show!
Presumably he’ll be CGI; we can’t really see an optically enlarged pug cutting the mustard, though maybe Henson’s will be called in to create an animatronic version. Either was, we predict Lockjaw is going to be the break-out star of the show.
Meanwhile, the other new casting news reveals that the remaining main characters now all have actors attached to them:
- Eme Ikwuakor (Concussion, Extant) will play Gorgon – cousin of Black Bolt, member of the Royal family and the leader of Attilan’s military. He has super strong legs with hooves instead of feet (think Mr Tumnus meets Mr Universe) that can generate destructive seismic waves with a single stomp. The yin to his cousin Karnak’s yang, Gorgon would rather fight than talk to solve his problems.
- Isabelle Cornish (Australia Day, Puberty Blues) as Crystal – Medusa’s sister, Crystal is the youngest member of the royal family and has the ability to control the elements. Impetuous and independent she is also deeply devoted to her family.
- Mike Moh (Empire, Street Fighter: Assasin’s Fist) as Triton – Black Bolt’s fishy cousin who can breathe underwater and swim like a jet-propelled dolphin.
- Sonya Balmores (Beyond The Break, Soul Surfer) as Auran – Head of the Royal Guards on Attilan, a capable and no-nonsense woman. She is fiercely loyal to the King of Attilan.
- Ellen Woglom (Californication, Outlaw) as an unnamed character – smart, intense and focused – so focused that oftentimes, social skills take a back seat. Her job at a private aerospace company is her life, second only to her passion for all things space and lunar. She’s primed to be swept up in an adventure.
Hmm, that last one sounds like “audience identification” character to us – the “real world” character who leads into the world of the Inhumans. Or maybe she becomes the Royal pooper scooper?