It seems Universal Studios and Legendary Pictures are determined that the imminent release of tomorrow’s trailer for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom not slip from our minds for so much as a second…as they released yet more snippets alongside the teaser trailers released both yesterday and Monday.
Today though it’s actually a featurette showing a bunch of footage from the creation of the sequel, including glimpses of the practical effects that are being used and the tiniest glimpse of Ian Malcolm.
Here’s what we know about Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom:
• It’s set several years after Jurassic World
• It’ll return to Isla Nublar, where a volcano threatens the dinosaurs that now roam free in the former tourist park
• Dinosaur trainer Owen Grady (Pratt) and previous park manager Claire Dearing (Dallas Howard) are now tasked with…wait for it, preventing the second extinction of these dinos…
And here’s how Dallas Howard explains it:
“Claire’s founded an organization, Dinosaur Protection Group, and they’re finding a way to get these dinosaurs off the island. She reaches out to Owen Grady to let him know this is happening. It’s complicated. When you see them at the beginning of this story, you get caught up as to what’s going on, but it’s not what you would necessarily expect.”
The first Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom trailer drops sometime Thursday evening (US time – it will be early Friday morning UK time) and it will be during Thursday Night Football on NBC. We’ll have it right here as soon as it does.
• Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom plot details plus another teaser
• Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom teaser offers glimpse of horrors to come
• Jurassic World Evolution in-game footage debuted
• Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom announced
• Jurassic World 2 goes where the story has never been before, says Director