Doctor Who has a new star (Jodie Whittaker), a new supporting cast (Mandip Gill, Tosin Cole and Bradley Walsh) and a new showrunner (former Broadchurch alumni Chris Chibnall). As of today, the long-running time travel show also has a new logo.
To mark this new era for the series, the BBC just unveiled over Twitter a new design for the series’ title today at BBC Worldwide’s annual showcase in Liverpool. The logo can be seen on a poster, featuring thesilhouette of Whittaker’s Doctor as well as the TARDIS, and in an introductory video.
BBC Worldwide commissioned creative agency Little Hawk to create the brand-new designs, working closely with Chibnall and executive producer Matt Strevens. The sound for the animated logo is created by Matthew Herbert. All official Doctor Who merchandise featuring the new logo will be available at selected retailers from starting today.
— Doctor Who Official (@bbcdoctorwho) February 20, 2018
The first season of Doctor Who to star Whittaker as the Time Lord will premiere on BBC in the Fall, both in the UK and the US.
• Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years Blu-ray up for pre-order
• Doctor Who Christmas Special “Twice Upon A Time” REVIEW
• Doctor Who “Twice Upon A Time” PREVIEW: a Christmas cracker
• Sneak Previews of Doctor Who Jodie Whittaker’s Radio 6 Christmas Show
• Doctor Who “Twice Upon A Time” Christmas Special new trailer