Crunchyroll has added Yotsuiro Biyori and Last Period to its Spring 2018 roster of simulcast anime. Premiering today, Zexcs series Yotsuiro Biyori follows Sui, Gure, Tsubaki and Tokitaka – four handsome young men who run the Rokuhoudou tea house together and help out customers with their problems.
Meanwhile, 12-episode J.C.Staff fantasy Last Period: The Journey to the End of the Despair makes its debut tomorrow. Adapted from a mobile RPG, Last Period centres on apprentice hero Hal, who accidentally finds himself on a team battling evil demons known as Spirals.
Yotsuiro Biyori and Last Period join a long list of new anime already announced for Crunchyroll’s Spring 2018 season. Here’s what’s lined up for UK viewers so far:
- Amanchu! Advance – Sequel season of the slice-of-life scuba diving anime.
- Bono Bono – Third season of the comedy about a young sea otter and his friends.
- Caligula – An AI forces people to experience school life over and over again.
- Comic Girls – Cute comedy about high school girls who want to draw manga.
- Crossing Time – Short stories all set as people wait at a railway crossing.
- Cute High Earth Defence Club HAPPY KISS! – Season 3 of the ‘magical boy’ parody about a group of high schoolers defending the earth.
- Dances with the Dragons – A pair of bounty hunters battle dragons in a fantasy city.
- Fist of the Blue Sky: Regenesis – Fist of the North Star prequel gets a new anime adaptation.
- Food Wars! The Third Plate – The second cour of culinary anime Food Wars’ third series adapts the ‘Toutsuki Train Arc’ storyline.
- GeGeGe no Kitaro – The adventures of young yokai Kitaro, who fights for peace between humans and spirits.
- Golden Kamuy – A tough ex-soldier and an Ainu girl search for hidden gold.
- Gundam Build Divers – MMO-set spiritual successor to Gundam Build Fighters.
- Gurazeni: Money Pitch – Studio Deen baseball show about a salary-minded relief pitcher.
- High School DxD Hero – More ecchi supernatural action from Issei Hyodo and his hellish hotties.
- Hinamatsuri – A young yakuza gets a mysterious psychokinetic girl as an unexpected housemate.
- Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits – A girl works off her debts at a hotel for spirits.
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These – Sci-fi series about two rival military geniuses who repeatedly clash in battle.
- Libra of Nil Admirari – Alternate Japan-set fantasy series about magical books.
- Lostorage conflated WIXOSS – Follow-up to dark card battler fantasy Lostorage incited WIXOSS.
- Love To-LIE-Angle – Shorts about a high school girl who inadvertently finds herself in a yuri love triangle.
- Lupin the 3rd Part 5 – Master thief Lupin and the gang head to France.
- Magical Girl Ore – Magical girl pastiche about a 15-year-old girl who can transform into a muscle-bound man.
- Major 2nd – Sports anime following Daigo Shigeno, the son of a professional baseball player.
- Megalo Box – Alternate universe, future-set retelling of boxing anime Ashita no Joe.
- My Hero Academia Season 3 – Continuing Izuku ‘Deku’ Midoriya’s adventures at superhero school.
- My Sweet Tyrant – Romcom shorts about a high schooler who acts like a tsundere to his girlfriend.
- Ninja Girl & Samurai Master 3rd – More antics from TMS Entertainment’s comedy about a young ninja girl working for Oda Nobunaga .
- Persona 5: The Animation – A-1 Pictures’ adaptation of the acclaimed JRPG.
- Shonen Ashibe GO! GO! Goma-chan – Third season of the comedy about a boy and his baby seal buddy.
- Space Battleship Tiramisu – Sci-fi gag comedy about the ace pilot of a space battleship.
- Steins;Gate 0 – Alternate world sequel to popular 2011 sci-fi series Steins;Gate.
- Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online – The latest instalment of SAO focuses on a girl who plays as pint-sized, pink-clad gunslinger LLENN.
- Tokyo Ghoul:re – Returning horror hit focuses on the instructor of a squad of half ghoul/half human hybrids.
- Umamusume: Pretty Derby – Fast-running ‘horse girls’ compete to win the Twinkle Series.
- You Don’t Know Gunma Yet – Comedy shorts about a teen who moves to Japan’s Gunma Prefecture.
Whew, that’s quite a list!