Last year, at New York Comic-Con, a Keanu Reeves sci-fi film called Replicas showed up and debuted a trailer. A release date was set for August 24, 2018, which has now come and gone. According to IMDb, it even premiered at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival…however, it never showed up in cinemas and now, a new trailer has been released…which is all a bit peculiar.
The movies stars Reeves as a scientist who tries to resurrect his family using some kind of replication technology. The trailer looks awesome – and Reeves has a mostly excellent record of choice of sci-fi flick – but this kind of mysterious delay does not bode well. The story and screenplay was developed at Reeves and Stephen Hamel’s production company Company Films and is written by Chad St. John from a story by Hamel.
Joining Reeves, is Alice Eve, Thomas Middleditch, John Ortiz and Emily Alyn Lind. Little is known about a release dates, but the IMDb says Lithuania 26 October 2018 and Netherlands 6 December 2018, so make of that what you will.
Scott Snowden is MyM’s US Editor. Follow Scott on Twitter.
• Prospect trailer shows that serious sci-fi can be made on a minimal budget
• Bill & Ted 3 hit by heinous production problems
• John Wick TV series The Continental is going ahead at Starz
• Hitman TV series coming to Hulu from John Wick writer
• John Wick: Chapter 3 gets a release date