Warner Bros. has released a new, extended Aquaman trailer online, offering a closer look at director James Wan‘s (Furious 7) spin on the DC character.
Jason Momoa stars in the title role following his debut in Justice League. This movie finds our submerged savior caught between two worlds as his half-brother Orm (Patrick Wilson) wants to wage war on the land-dwelling humans. Wan directs from a script by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (The Conjuring 2) and Will Beall (Gangster Squad), story by Geoff Johns & James Wan and Will Beall.
Is this just an underwater Thor, or more? Is it a case of too little, too late for DC? Musclebound superheros currently are two a penny these days – it’s just their environment that changes: Wakanda, Asgard, underwater, WWII and so on. It’s no surprise cinema goers are increasingly suffering from Spandex Fatigue.
Joining Momoa and Wilson are Amber Heard as Mera, Willem Dafoe as Vulko, Temuera Morrison as Tom Curry, Dolph Lundgren as Nereus, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Black Manta and Nicole Kidman as Atlanna.
Aquaman opens in theaters on December 21st.
Scott Snowden is MyM’s US Editor. Follow him on Twitter.
• Justice League Experience: London celebration opens 9-10 November
• Watch Jason Mamoa in training for Aquaman
• Aquaman takes you to worlds you’ve never seen before, says Mamoa
• Aquaman Jason Mamoa in “Don’t Try This At Home” video
• First look at Aquaman’s wife – Mera – in Justice League movie