We’ve finally ben treated to the first, full-length trailer for the upcoming sci-fi drama Captive State.
Directed and co-written by Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes), the film takes place in Chicago 10 years after extraterrestrials landed on Earth and instituted an occupational rule.
“After 10 years of occupation, some chose cooperation, others chose resistance. Set in a Chicago neighborhood nearly a decade after an occupation by an extra-terrestrial force, Captive State explores the lives on both sides of the conflict – the collaborators and dissidents.
The United State of America no longer experiences the petty division and strife that previously befell them. Instead the Home of the Brave celebrates unity, embracing The Legislature that saved the country and the world.”
The previous trailers have only given a small taste of what this movie actually is, but this new trailer finally shows off the full picture.
The film stars John Goodman, Ashton Sanders, Jonathan Majors, Colson Baker, and Vera Farmiga.
Captive State opens in theaters on March 29, 2019.
• First teaser and poster for Captive State
• Second teaser for Captive State wants you to join the resistance
• New trailer for The Last Man, starring Hayden Christensen and Harvey Keitel
• The Outer Worlds is the game that former fans of Fallout have been waiting for
• Black Mirror season 5 release date revealed via leak