After months of uncertainty about just what Sony’s Venom might look like on the big screen, the first trailer has finally arrived.
The trailer’s pretty light on plot details, but what it is full of is a brooding, moody Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) reflecting on his life and the briefest of glimpses at the horrific transformation that turns him into the alien antihero.
The filmmakers cite the Venom comic storylines “Lethal Protector” (Venom becomes a vigilante guardian hero for San Francisco) and “Planet of the Symbiotes” (Earth is invaded by an army of symbiotes) as an influence on the film.
Joining Hardy is Michelle Williams, Woody Harrelson and possibly Tom Holland. Apparently, this film take places outside of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Venom opens in theatres on October 5, 2018.
• It’s official: cameras are rolling on the Venom movie
• BUZZ WORDS: Friendly Neighbourhood…Venom?
• BUZZ WORDS In defence of shared universes
• Venom movie to be start of shared universe, may be R-rated
• They Do Spider-Man: Homecoming Posters Differently (Cuter) In China