Steins;Gate 0, Golden Kamuy and High School DxD Hero are among the new anime joining FunimationNow and Crunchyroll’s spring line-up, the streaming services have announced.
In total, nine new English-dubbed series will be simulcasting on FunimationNow in addition to the already announced third season of My Hero Academia, which premieres on 7 April. However, it’s confirmed that two of the shows – Tokyo Ghoul:re and Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory – will not be available in the UK. The nine additions will also be simulcast subbed on Crunchyroll, although we don’t yet know which regions they’ll be streaming in.
Here are the seven new series that – fingers crossed – are on their way to Blighty:
- Steins;Gate 0 – A sequel to acclaimed 2011 sci-fi series Steins;Gate, the 23-episode Steins;Gate 0 explores an alternate world where Okabe abandons time travel …only to encounter an AI who re-opens old wounds.
- High School DxD Hero – Studio Passione (Citrus, Rail Wars!) takes over the reins from TNK for the fourth season of supernatural action and pervy antics from high schooler Issei Hyodo and his coterie of hellish hotties.
- Golden Kamuy – Adapting Satoru Noda’s award-winning manga, early 20th-set adventure series Golden Kamuy follows tough ex-soldier Saichi Sugimoto and Ainu girl Asirpa’s search for a hidden hoard of gold on Hokkaido.
- Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits- is a studio Gonzo fantasy series about Aoi, a teenage girl who’s trying to pay off her late grandfather’s debts to an ogre by working at the Tenjin-ya hotel for spirits.
- Space Battleship Tiramisu – Another studio Gonzo show, sci-fi gag comedy Space Battleship Tiramisu centres on Subaru Ichinose, the (kinda dysfunctional) young ace pilot of the space battleship Tiramisu.
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These – The latest anime to be adapted from Yoshiki Tanaka’s sci-fi novels, this 12-episode Production I.G series follows two rival military genius as they repeatedly clash in battle.
- Dances with the Dragons – Animation studio Seven Arcs Pictures (Trinity Seven, Basilisk: The Oka Ninja Scrolls) adapts Labo Asai’s light novel series about a pair of bounty hunters battling dragons in the city of Eridana.
Funimation and Crunchyroll also revealed that Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 will be joining their streaming rosters, although a premiere date is yet to be announced.