Last night, late on US television, which meant it was the middle of the night in the UK, the final, full trailer for Solo aired. It even took a few hours for it to start trending on Twitter. Going up against Wrestlemania probably didn’t help.
Despite knowing that Han, Chewie and Lando survive no matter happens to them in this movie – a little like Rogue One – that doesn’t stop it from looking gorgeous and still managing to make us care about what happens to the characters – just like Rogue One. And…did we just see the scene where Han wins the Falcon “fair and square”..?!
Moreover, we know all about the troubled production behind Solo, well we recently heard all about the troubled production of Rogue One…and look how that turned out. In fact, we maintain that Rogue One is actually, easily, in the top three Star Wars movies.
Solo: A Star Wars Story is set to hit theatres on May 25. However, it premieres at the Cannes Film Festival on May 15th, so there will be plenty of reviews and critic feedback then.
• Solo: A Star Wars Story actor shares new details about the troubled production
• Disney accused of plagiarizing its Solo posters
• Solo: A Star Wars Story secures its spot in the space opera’s timeline
• Solo trailer recut to the Beastie Boys’ Sabotage
• LEGO unveils Kessel Run Millennium Falcon set from Solo: A Star Wars Story